Dr. LI, Ying
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, HKU
B.Sc. (Tsinghua); Ph.D. (UIUC)
- 2219 4824
- 406, Chong Yuet Ming Chemistry Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
RNA plays indispensable roles in almost every aspect of cell functions. The presence of RNA at the precise location and the designated time is crucial to cell survival and development. Dysregulation of RNA processing, including transcription, splicing, transport, and decay, has emerged as a major contributing factor to neurodegenerative diseases, which are characterized by irreversible neuron loss and gliosis. However, current methods limit our capability to decipher RNA’s biological functions with high spatial and temporal resolution to interrogate the cause and progress of these fatal neurological diseases. The approaches that can assay RNA locations usually involve tedious cell fractionation procedures, which are prone to generate false positives and negatives. Thus it is urgent to assay cellular RNA localization in an unbiased manner.
15) Ying Li‡, Ke Ke‡, Robert C. Spitale*, “Biochemical Methods to Image and Analyze RNA Localization: from One to Many”, Biochemsitry, 2018, 58, 379 - 386.
Part of a Biochemistry special issue “Regulating the Central Dogma.”
14) Ying Li, Mahima B. Aggarwal, Ke Ke, Robert C. Spitale*, “Improved Analysis of RNA Localization by Spatially Restricted Oxidation of RNA-Protein Complexes”, Biochemsitry, 2018, 57, 1577 - 1581.
Highlighted in the Biochemistry "News Flash".
13) Ying Li, Mahima B. Aggarwal, Kim Nguyen, Ke Ke, Robert C. Spitale*, “Assaying RNA Localization in situ with Spatially-restricted Nucleobase Oxidation”, ACS Chem. Biol., 2017, 12, 2709 - 2714.
12) Ying Li‡, Katharina Huth‡, Edzna Shunay Garcia Ramirez, Yugang Bai, Benjamin J. Predetti, Rainer Haag* and Steven C. Zimmerman*, “Linear Dendronized Polyols as a Multifunctional Platform for a Versatile and Efficient Fluorophore Design”, Poly. Chem., 2018, 9, 2040 - 2047.
11) Chao Feng‡, Ying Li‡, Spitale RC*, “Photo-controlled Cell-specific Metabolic Labeling of RNA”, Org. Biomol. Chem.2017, 15, 5117 - 5120.
10) Edmund C. M. Tse‡, Christopher J. Barile‡, Ying Li, Steven C. Zimmerman, Ali Hosseini and Andrew A. Gewirth*, “Proton Transfer Dynamics Dictate Quinone Speciation at Lipid-modified Electrodes”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2017, 19, 7086 - 7093.
9) Christopher J. Barile‡, Edmund C. M. Tse‡, Ying Li, John P. Gewargis, Nicholas A. Kirchschlager, Steven C. Zimmerman, and Andrew A. Gewirth*, “The "Flip-flop" Diffusion Mechanism across Lipids in a Hybrid Bilayer Membrane”, Biophys. J. 2016, 110, 2451 - 2462.
8) Edmund C. M. Tse‡, Christopher J. Barile‡, Nicholas A. Kirchschlager, Ying Li, John P. Gewargis, Steven C. Zimmerman, Ali Hosseini and Andrew A. Gewirth*, “Proton Transfer Dynamics Control the Mechanism of O2 Reduction by a Non-Precious Metal Electrocatalyst”, Nat. Mater. 2016, doi:10.1038/nmat4636.
7) Ying Li‡, Yugang Bai‡, Nan Zheng, Yang Liu, Gretchen Vincil, Benjamin J. Predetti, Jianjun Cheng, and Steven C. Zimmerman*, “Crosslinked Dendronized polyglyols as a General Approach for Brighter and More Stable Fluorophores”, Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 3781 - 3784.
6) Ying Li, Edmund C. M. Tse, Christopher J. Barile, Andrew A. Gewirth* and Steven C. Zimmerman*, “Photo-responsive Molecular Switch for Regulating Transmembrane Proton Delivery”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 14059 - 14062.
5) Edmund C. M. Tse‡, Christopher J. Barile‡, John P. Gewargis, Ying Li, Steven C. Zimmerman and Andrew A. Gewirth*, “Anion Transport through Lipids in a Hybrid Bilayer Membrane”, Anal. Chem. 2015, 87, 2403 - 2409.
4) Christopher J. Barile‡, Edmund C. M. Tse‡, Ying Li, Thomas B. Sobyra, Steven C. Zimmerman, Ali Hosseini, and Andrew A. Gewirth*, “Proton Switch for Modulating Oxygen Reduction by a Copper Electrocatalyst Embedded in a Hybrid Bilayer Membrane”, Nat. Mater. 2014, 13, 619 - 623.
3) Ying Li, Taiho Park, J. Kwansima Quansah, and Steven C. Zimmerman*, “Synthesis of a Redox-Responsive Quadruple Hydrogen-Bonding Unit for Applications in Supramolecular Chemistry”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 17118 - 17121.
2) Ning Ma, Ying Li, Huifeng Ren, Huaping Xu*, Zhibo Li, and Xi Zhang*, "Selenium-containing Block Copolymers and their Oxidation-Responsive Aggregates", Polym. Chem. 2010, 1, 1609 - 1614.
1) Ning Ma, Ying Li, Huaping Xu,* Zhiqiang Wang, and Xi Zhang*, “Dual Redox Responsive Assemblies Formed from Diselenide Block Copolymers”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 442 - 443.
‡ equal contribution