- Cash Award to support research and living expenses: HK$40,000 in Year 1; HK$20,000 per year in the remaining normative study period
- Conference & Research-related Travel Allowance of HK$13,300 per year
- Postgraduate Scholarship (PGS) of HK$26,600 per month
- Waiver of tuition fees for the whole normative study period (i.e. HK$42,100 per year)
- Financial support to selected outstanding students for an additional year of study beyond the normative study period to reward their outstanding research output and progres
- A hall place guaranteed in Year 1, with possibility of renewal in Year 2
- The Faculty’s Doctoral Entrance Award of HK$15,000 in Year 1
More information about the eligibility and selection for the HKU-PS Programme can be found here.
All HKPF holders will be awarded the HKU Presidential PhD Scholar Programme as well. Please refer to the HKU-PS section earlier for more details on the package.
For more information on the eligibility and application procedure for the HKPF, please refer to the relevant section here.
The basic level of scholarship is HK$18,030 per month while the higher PGS rate (provided after the confirmation of probationary PhD candidature) is HK$18,520 per month. For more information on these, please visit the relevant section here.
For more information, please refer to the University Grants Committee (UGC) website.
The fellowship will be available in every four years and the next fellowship will be available in 2024. Application details will be announced around end of 2023.
Robert Orr Whyte