Dr. WOTHERSPOON, Timothy David
Faculty of Science, HKU
B.A. Oberlin College; Ph.D. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- 3917 5420
- Rm 316, Hui Oi Chow Sciences Building
- Assessment for learning and active learning environments
- To develop students' interdisciplinary problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Common Core Courses
- Hidden Order in Our Daily Lives
- Simplifying Complexity
- Statistics and Our Society
- Our Place in the Universe
- Time's Arrow
Assessment practices, Assessment for Learning
- Tim Wothersppon, "Why the theories of Einstein, climate change or evolution can never be proved right". (Opinion) South China Morning Post, (21 February, 2016)
- Tim Wotherspoon, "The Shortcuts to Learning Game". (Peer-reviewed conference paper). International Conference: Assessment for Learning in Higher Education 2015, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, (May 2015)
- Tim Wotherspoon, “Adaptation to the Edge of Chaos With Random-Wavelet Feedback”. (Research Seminar) New York University, Abu Dhabi, (12 March, 2012).
- Alfred W. Hübler and Tim Wotherspoon. “Self-adjusting Systems Avoid Chaos.” Complexity, (2009).
- Tim Wotherspoon and Alfred Hubler, “Adaptation to the Edge of Chaos With Random-Wavelet Feedback”. J. Phys. Chem. A 113 (1), 19-22 (2009).
- Amit P. Mehta, Karin A. Dahmen, M. W. Weissman, Tim Wotherspoon, “Noise in Disordered Systems: Higher Order Spectra in Avalanche.” arXiv:cond-mat/ 0501618v1 (2005).
- D.F. Styer, Miranda S. Balkin, Kathryn M. Becker, Matthew R. Burns, Christopher E. Dudley, Scott T. Forth, Jeremy S. Gaumer, Mark A. Kramer, David C. Oertel, Leonard H. Park, Marie T. Rinkoski, Clait T. Smith, and Timothy D. Wotherspoon, “Nine Formulations of Quantum Mechanics,” Am. J. Phys. 70, 288–297 (2002).