- Reproduction & Reproductive Biotechnology
- Animal Physiology & Environmental Adaptation
- Human Physiology
- Regulation & signal transduction for pituitary hormones in fish models
- Autocrine/paracrine functions of pituitary hormones in fish pituitary
- Novel mechanisms for gene transcription in somatotropic & gonatotropic axis
- Novel regulators & underlying mechanisms for feeding control in fish models
- Functional crosstalk between feeding regulators & pituitary hormones in fish
- NKB & NKBRP as novel regulators for somatolactin & prolactin in carp pituitary
- Intracellular feedback repressors for growth hormone-induced IGF-I expression
- Novel mechanisms for IGF-I promoter activation induced by growth hormone
- Autocrine/paracrine functions of pituitary hormones in carp pituitary cells
- Spexin as a novel satiety factor in goldfish via central & peripheral actions
- Pituitary actions of spexin & its functional crosstalk with growth hormone
- Leptin & adiponectin on pituitary hormone secretion/expression in carp model
Lab technician: Ms Wendy Kit Wan Ko
Research associate: Dr Mulan He
Research assistant: Ms Martina Mang Leng Lei
PhD students: Ms Jin Bai, Mr Zheng Yunhua
MPhil student: Mr Dongliang Li
Project students: Mr Ching Sum Ho, Ms Lok Yee Wan
- Restacom Postdoctoral Fellowship (1994-95), University of Toronto, Canada
Publications and News
- C.Y. Lin, J. Bai, M. He, and A.O.L. Wong (2018) Grass carp prolactin gene: Structural organization and signal transduction for PACAP-induced prolactin promoter activity. Sci Rep 8:4655 / DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-23092-0.
- G. Hu, M. He, W.K.W. Ko, and A.O.L. Wong (2017) TAC1 gene products regulate pituitary hormone secretion and gene expression in prepubertal grass carp pituitary cells. Endocrinology 158:1-22.
- A. Ma, M. He, J. Bai, M.K.H. Wong, W.K.W. Ko, and A.O.L. Wong (2017) Dual role of insulin in spexin regulation : Functional link between food intake and spexin expression in fish model. Endocrinology 158:560-577.
- G. Hu, M. He and A.O.L. Wong (2016) Novel functional role of NK3R expression in the potentiating effects on somatolactin a autoregulation in grass carp pituitary cells. Sci Rep 6:36102-36114 / doi: 10.1038
- X. Jiang, J. Xiao, M. He, A. Ma, and A.O.L. Wong (2016) Type II SOCS as feedback repressor for GH-induced IGF1 expression in carp hepatocytes. J Endocrinol 229:171-186
- C. Lin, X. Jiang, G. Fu, W.K.W. Ko, and A.O.L. Wong (2015) Grass carp prolactin: Molecular cloning, tissue expression, intrapituitary autoregulation by prolactin and paracrine regulation by growth hormone and luteinizing hormone. Mol Cell Endocrinol 399:367-283
- Q. Jiang, M. He, W.K.O. Ko and A.O.L. Wong (2014) Kisspeptin induction of somatolactin α release in goldfish pituitary cells: Functional role of cAMP/PKA-, PLC/PKC-, and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent cascades. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 307:E872-884.
- G. Hu, M. He, W.K.W. Ko, C. Lin, and A.O.L. Wong (2014) Novel pituitary actions of TAC3 gene products in fish model: - Receptor specificity and signal transduction for prolactin and somatolactin α regulation by neurokinin B (NKB) and NKB- related peptide in carp pituitary cells. Endocrinology 155:3582-3596.
- M.K.H. Wong, K.H. Sze, T. Chen, C.K. Cho, Henry C.H. Law, I.K. Chu, and A.O.L. Wong (2013) Goldfish Spexin: Solution structure and novel function as a satiety factor in feeding control. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab 305:E348-E366
- Q. Jiang and A.O.L. Wong (2013) Signal transduction mechanisms for autocrine/paracrine regulation of somatolactin α secretion and synthesis in carp pituitary cells by somatolactin α and β. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab 304:E176-E186.
Awards and Honours
- HKU Long Services Award (2014), Communication & External Affairs Office, HKU
- GRF Merit Award (2012, HK$20,000), University Research Committee, HKU
- GRF Incentive Award (2011, HK$20,000), University Research Committee, HKU
- Faculty Incentive Award (2011, HK$40,000), Faculty of Science, HKU
- GRF Merit Award (2010, HK$50,000), University Research Committee, HKU
- Award for Teaching Excellence (2009, HK$20,000), Faculty of Science, HKU
- GRF Merit Award (2008-2009, HK$50,000/year), University Research Committee, HKU
- CERG Merit Award (2003-2007, HK$50,000/year), University Research Committee, HKU
- Honourable Mention Award (2002), Education Awards Program, Academic Council, HKU