Dr. McKENZIE, Ryan
Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, HKU
- 2859 8047
- Room 307, James Lee Science building, The University of Hong Kong
Research/Teaching interests :
- Sedimentary Geology
- Tectonic-Climatic Interactions
- Biodiversity and Mass Extinctions
- Earth System Evolution
- McKenzie, N.R., Smye, A.J., Hegde, V., Stockli, D.F., 2018, Continental growth histories revealed by detrital zircon trace elements: a case study from India. Geology.
- Colleps, C.L.*, McKenzie, N.R., Stockli, D.F., Singh, B.P., Webb, A.A.G., Hughes, N.C., Myrow, P.M, and Horton, B.K., 2018, Zircon (U-Th)/He thermochronometric constraints on Himalayan thrust belt exhumation, bedrock weathering, and Cenozoic seawater chemistry. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. v. 19, 257–271.
- McKenzie, N.R., Horton, B.K., Loomis, S.E., Stockli, D.F., Planavsky, N.J., and Lee, C-T.A., 2016, Continental arc volcanism as the principal driver of icehouse–greenhouse variability. Science. v. 352, p. 444-447.
- Lee, C-T.A., Yeung, L.A., McKenzie, N.R., Yokoyama, Y., Ozaki, K., and Lenardic, 2016, Two-step rise of atmospheric oxygen linked to the growth of continents. Nature Geoscience. v.9, no.6, p417-424.
- McKenzie, N.R., Hughes, N.C., Gill, B.J., and Myrow, P.M., 2014, Plate tectonic influences on Neoproterozoic-early Paleozoic climate and metazoan biodiversity. Geology. v. 42, p. 127-130.
Awards and honors
- Kavli Fellow. US National Academy of Sciences & Kavli Foundation (2016)
- Flint Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dept. of Geology & Geophysics, Yale (2014-2016)
- Jackson Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dept. of Geosciences, UT Austin (2012-2014)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Geobiology (offered but declined for UT). Agouron Institute (2012)
- DissertationYear Fellowship. UC Riverside (2012)
- Blanchard Fellowship. Dept. of Earth Sciences, UC Riverside (2010)
- John Dunham Field Scholarship. Dept. of Earth Sciences, UC Riverside (2008)
- Walter Harris Summer Field Scholarship. Dept. of Earth and Space Sciences, UCLA (2006)
- Undergraduate Research Award. Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, UCLA (2005)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Poster Presentation. Dept. of Eco. & Evol. Biology, UCLA (2005)