Outstanding Research Student Supervisor Award 2019
Professor Wai Ki CHING
Department of Mathematics
Doing mathematical research is one of Professor Ching's hobbies. Besides doing research, Professor Ching has been supervising many postgraduate students. In the past years, his students won the following awards:
- The Excellent Student Paper Award in the 36th International Conference on C& IE, Taiwan, (06/2006)
- The Outstanding Research Postgraduate Student Award, HKU, (2007, 2011, 2012)
- DAAD Summer School Travel Award, China, (2007)
- Award of Postgraduate Fellowships, HKU (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013)
- Hong Kong Fellowship, HKSAR (2015)
- Best Student Paper Award in the International Conference of Applied and Engineering Mathematics, The World Congress on Engineering (2009), London, U.K.
- APBC2010 Conference Travel Award (2010)
- Best paper award in the 4th International Joint Conference on Computational Science and Optimization, Kunming, China, (2011)
- The IMS Workshop Travel Award, Columbia University, New York, U.S. (2011)
- IEOR Faculty Fellowship (2011) and Marshall-Oliver-Rosenberger Fellowship (2012), UC Berkeley
- Best paper award in the 5th International Joint Conference on Computational Science and Optimization, Heilongjiang, China, (2012)
- Best paper award in the 5th International Conference on Business Intelligence and Financial Engineering, Lanzhou, China, (2012)
- The best paper award in the 6th IEEE International Conference on Systems Biology (ISB 2012), Xian, China, (2012)
- Best paper award in the 7th International Joint Conference on Computational Science and Optimization, Beijing, China, (2014).
Congratulations to Professor Ching for his receiving of the award.