Celebration Gathering for HKU Science Graduates in Class of 2019
- Date & Time
- 29 Feb 2020 | 10am
- Yuet Ming Fountain Area, Main Campus, The University of Hong Kong
CANCELLATION of Gathering for Class of 2019 (February 29, 2020)
Dear Science students of Class of 2019,
In light of the latest developments of the novel coronavirus, and to minimize the chance of spreading the virus, we regrettably inform that the captioned gathering on February 29, 2020 (Saturday) will be cancelled.
It is a tough decision as we understand how graduation activities mean to you all – celebrating your continuous effort to study and equip yourselves, and symbolizing a brand new chapter of your life.
It is a shame that we cannot conclude your student chapter with a formal ceremony; yet above all, healthy is the top priority among our concern now. Your understanding is very much appreciated. We might consider rescheduling it if the situation gets better later this semester.
Stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you at the campus soon!
Faculty of Science
The University of Hong Kong
|10am – 10:15am||Sign-in|
|10:15am – 10:20am||Welcome address by the Dean|
|10:20am – 11am||Class photos by degrees
|11am – 12pm||Photo-taking at backdrop and photo station|
Mingle with teachers/ fellow classmates
|11am – 3pm||Individual graduation portrait-taking by professional photographer (by appointment)|
– mingle with teachers/ fellow classmates and enjoy some light refreshments
– take a graduation photo of your degree*
– get a free individual graduation portrait-taking by professional photographer
(by appointment only and on a first-come-first-served basis; )*
– take some nice photos with a bunch of fun science/ graduation props at our photo booth
– get some memorable souvenirs for the Faculty’s Oak Anniversary (redemption with valid registration)
*Graduates need to wear academic dress at these official photo-taking sessions
We will notify graduates individually about registration by both HKU email and mail soon. Stay tuned.
For enquiries, please contact: email@example.com