1982 BSc graduate; 1984 MPhil graduate
“We're not obligated to succeed. We're obligated to do our best every day.”
- Chief-of-Staff (Vice-President) of City University of Hong Kong (2013 – present)
- Director of State Key Laboratory of Marine Pollution (2010 – present)
- Chairman of Marine Parks Committee, Country and Marine Parks Board (2005 – 2011)
- Chairman of Advisory Council on the Environment (2010 – 2016)
- Chairman of Accreditation Advisory Board, Innovation and Technology Commission (2018 – present)
- Editor-in-chief of Aquatic Toxicology (since 2019)
- Associate Editor of Journal of Environmental Sciences (since 2015)
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board of Environmental Science and Technology (since 2010)
Professor Paul Kwan-Sing LAM undertook his doctorate study at the University of Sheffield in England, and a Postdoctoral Fellowship at King’s College, University of London. After his Postdoctoral Fellowship, Professor LAM returned to Hong Kong to take up a lecturing position at the City Polytechnic of Hong Kong in 1988. He has been Chair Professor of Biology at City University of Hong Kong since 2005.
Professor LAM’s research interests cover ecology, eco-toxicology, environmental toxicology and risk assessment; he has extensive research experience in marine environmental research. He is the author/co-author of over 380 publications in international referred journals, and has been responsible for over 30 major government consultancy projects in the environmental field. In 2003, he was commissioned by United Nations to conduct a review on “Biomarkers”.
Professor LAM actively participates in community service. He was appointed a Justice of the Peace by the HKSAR Government in 2008, and was awarded the Silver Bauhinia Star (SBS) in 2014.