1973 BSc graduate
“Get the facts and do due diligence, never just assume or take things for granted.”
- Member of Hong Kong Exchange Fund Advisory Committee, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Non-Executive Director of Securities and Futures Commission
- Chairman of Standing Commission on Civil Service Salaries and Conditions of Service (2006 – 2012)
- Chairman of Independent Commission on Remuneration for Members of the Executive Council and the Legislature, and Officials under the Political Appointment System of the HKSAR (2013 – 2019)
- Member of Public Service Commission (2006 – 2012)
- Member of Standing Committee on Disciplined Services Salaries and Conditions of Service (2001 – 2006)
- Chairman of Police Sub-Committee (2003 – 2006)
- President and Chief Executive Officer of Synnex Technology International (HK) Ltd. and Synnex Distributions (China) Ltd. (until 2013)
Mr Kar-Chun LO started his career as an Administrative Officer in the government, and he served as the Deputy Secretary for Trade and Industry before joining the private sector in 1987. He has been a Director of Italade Technology Holdings since 1987, and active in the private sector by serving as the President and Chief Executive Officer of both Synnex Technology International (HK) Ltd. and Synnex Distributions (China) Ltd. until 2013.
Apart from his active role in the private sector, Mr LO also serves on a number of community service advisory boards and committees in his personal capacity, serving on the Main Board as well as its Remuneration Committee, Investment Committee, Budget Committee and the SFC (HKEC) Listing Appeal Committee of the Securities and Futures Commission. He previously served as a member of the Public Service Commission, the Advisory Committee on Post-service Employment of Civil Servants, the Standing Commission on Disciplined Services Salaries and Conditions of Service, contributing his expertise and experience in different bodies.