Miss Anna Sze Wai TSE
• BSc student (major in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, minor in English Studies)
• Participant of Young Scientist Scheme (YSS)
• Participant of HKUWW Undergraduate Student Exchange Programme for a full-year exchange to the National University of Singapore in 2018 –19
• Listed as Gold Medallist in International Genetically Engineered Machine Competition (iGEM) in 2018
• Participant of Summer Research Fellowship (SRF) in 2016 and won the Best Presenter Award in the poster presentation
"Throughout my year at National University of Singapore (NUS), I made countless mistakes in the lab and in life. Each of these ‘failures’, while painful, was crucial for shaping me into a more independent and all-rounded person."
“I was on a full-year exchange at the National University of Singapore under the Young Scientist Scheme (YSS) in 2018 –19 and worked on a project on rice genetics at Professor Hao YU’s lab during my exchange. From my lab mentor and seniors, I learnt how to cope with challenges related to my research project and the frustration that came with failed experiments, as well as skills from handling maintenance in my dorm to choosing the best data plan – things that would allow me to lead a better independent life. I stumbled a lot along the way and made my fair share of mistakes, but all these have forced me to improve and to become a more all-rounded person who could support herself both inside and outside the lab after this year.”