We welcome you to visit our campus and facilities!
Secondary school groups are welcome to visit our campus, to see our facilities, and to have a taste of university life. Science-rich talks and fun-filled programmes are designed to arouse students’ interests in science.
Capacity For Each Visit
Around 30 - 40 students/group
Two Types of Campus Visits
There are 2 types of Campus Visits, (i) General Visit and (ii) Departmental Visit.
(i) General Visit
- Around 2.5 hours
- Including buffer and travelling, and two 30-minute departmental visits
(ii) Departmental Visit
- Around 2.5 hours
- Including a 60 to 90-minute departmental visit
Facilities Provided by Each Department/School for Campus Visit:
School of Biological Sciences School of Biomedical Sciences Department of Chemistry Department of Earth Sciences Department of Mathematics Department of Physics Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science
Accuracy and precision, seeing the DNA strands, and seeing science in color
- Transgenic technology (viewing of green fluorescence protein (GFP) mice and mouse skeleton model)
- Cancer cells viewing from microscope
- Computer visualization of protein structure and dynamics
- Live-cell imaging of cell division in yeast
- Ion transport across the membrane from a structural perspective
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Laboratory and Mass Spectrometry Laboratory
Science Talk and Hands-on Workshop/Demonstration (IR Panadol, PVA Slime)
Guided tour at Stephen Hui Geological Museum
Science talk and hands-on workshop
STM (Scanning Tunneling Microscope) Laboratory
and Demonstration of Superconductor
Science Talk and Admission Talk on BSc(AC) Programme
- Please submit the application by completing the online form.
- Unfilled slots will remain open for application on first come first served basis. Visit will be cancelled if no applications were received 1 week before the schedule date.
- 3917 2683