Professor XU, Shijie
Professor, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, HKU
B.S. Hebei UT; M.S., Ph.D. Xian Jiaotong, Senior MOSA
- 2241 5636
- 2559 9152
- Room 316, CYM Physics Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
- Experimental Condensed Matter and Material Science Group: Experimental Condensed Matter - Novel Optical Properties of Semiconductor Nanostructures
- Optical properties including nonlinear optical properties, electronic structures, electron-phonon interactions, ultrafast phenomena, phonon and defect states in new semiconductor nanostructures such as self-assembled quantum dots, nanocrystals and new two-dimensional transition metal dichalcogenides are our current research interests. In addition, optoelectronic device applications of the semiconductor nanostructures are also our research interest. The materials being investigated by us include III-nitrides, SiC, traditional III-V and II-VI compound semiconductors as well as new 2D transition metal dichalcogenides. The laboratory has been already equipped by variable-temperature (4.2 K-300 K) photoluminescence system, scanning confocal micro-Raman image/spectroscopy system, variable-temperature (10 K-330 K) broadband (200 nm-1700 nm) emission/absorption/reflection spectroscopy, pump-probe based ultrafast (sub-ps) and gated integrator + boxcar averager based (20 ns to ms) time-resolved photoluminescence system, and newly-established low-temperature magneto-photoluminescence spectroscopy with super high spectral resolution. Currently, a pump-probe based fs laser source + scanning confocal microscopy system is being implemented by us, which enables us optically investigate ultrafast quantum processes and even imagine such processes occurring in individual semiconductor nanostructures.
- Further information of the group can be found at here.
Optical properties including nonlinear optical properties and ultrafast phenomena of semiconductor nanostructures. Luminescence and imaging of individual quantum dots are also our interest.
- “Luminescence and thermal behaviors of free and trapped excitons in cesium lead halide perovskite nanosheets”, Xiangzhou Lao, Zhi Yang, Zhicheng Su, Zilan Wang, Honggang Ye, Minqiang Wang, Xi Yao, and Shijie Xu, Nanoscale 10, 9949 (2018)
- “Effective Photon Recycling and Super Long Lived Minority Carriers in GaInP/GaAs Heterostructure Solar Cell: A Time-Resolved Optical Study”, Z. C. Su, Shijie Xu, X. H. Wang, J. Q. Ning, Rongxin Wang, Shulong Lu, Jianrong Dong, and Hui Yang, IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics 8, 820 (2018)
- “Understanding and manipulating luminescence in carbon nanodots”, Z. C. Su, H. G. Ye, Z. Xiong, Q. Lou, Z. Zhang, F. Tang, J. Y. Tang, J. Y. Dai, C. X. Shan, and S. J. Xu, Carbon 126, 58 (2018)
- “Luminescence Anisotropy and Thermal Effect of Magnetic and Electric Dipole Transitions of Cr3+ Ions in Yb: YAG Transparent Ceramic”, Fei Tang, Honggang Ye, Zhicheng Su, Yitian Bao, Wang Guo, and Shijie Xu, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 9, 43790 (2017)
- “Extinction of the zero-phonon line and the first-order phonon sideband in excitonic luminescence of ZnO at room temperature: the self-absorption effect”, Honggang Ye, Zhicheng Su, Fei Tang, Changcheng Zheng, Guangde Chen, Jian Wang, and Shijie Xu, Science Bulletin 62, 1525 (2017)
- “Electroluminescence Probe of Internal Processes of Carriers in GaInP Single Junction Solar Cell”, Z.C. Su, S.J. Xu, R.X. Wang, J.Q. Ning, J.R. Dong, S.L. Lu, and H. Yang, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 168, 201 (2017).
- “A generalized model for time-resolved luminescence of localized carriers and applications: Dispersive thermodynamics of localized carriers”, Zhicheng Su and Shijie Xu, Scientific Reports 7, 13 (2017)
- “Triplet harvesting in luminescent Cu(I) complexes by thermally activated luminescence mechanism transition: Impact of molecular structure”, Z.C. Su, C.C. Zheng, G. Cheng, C.-M. Che, and S.J. Xu, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 5, 4488 (2017)
- “Excitation Dependent Phosphorous Property and New Model of the Structured Green Luminescence in ZnO”, Honggang Ye, Zhicheng Su, Fei Tang, Mingzheng Wang, Guangde Chen, Jian Wang, and Shijie Xu, Scientific Reports 7, 41460 (2017)
- “Carrier Localization Effects in InGaN/GaN Multiple-Quantum-Wells LED Nanowires: Luminescence Quantum Efficiency Improvement and “Negative” Thermal Activation Energy”,Wei Bao, Zhicheng Su, Changcheng Zheng, Jiqiang Ning, and Shijie Xu, Scientific Reports 6, 34545 (2016)
- “A set of manganese ions activated fluoride phosphors (A2BF6:Mn4+, A=K, Na, B=Si, Ge, Ti): Synthesis below 0 oC and efficient room-temperature photoluminescence”, F. Tang, Z.C. Su, H.G. Ye, M.Z. Wang, X. Lan, D.L. Philips, Y.G. Cao, and S.J. Xu, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 4, 9561 (2016)
- “Transition of radiative recombination channels from delocalized states to localized states in a GaInP alloy with partial atomic ordering: a direct optical signature of Mott transition?”, Z. C. Su, J. Q. Ning, Z. Deng, X. H. Wang, S. J. Xu, R. X. Wang, S. L. Lu, J. R. Dong, and H. Yang, Nanoscale, 8, 7113-7118 (2016)
- For details, please refer to the Homepage of Laser Spectroscopy Lab.