Dr. WEBB, Alex
Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, HKU
- 2859 2831
- Room 405, James Lee Science Building, The University of Hong Kong
- Geological field mapping
- Tectonic evolution and deformation of planetary lithospheres
- Scientific communication
- Tectonic processes and interactions with other planetary systems
- Himalayan / east Asian tectonics
- Early terrestrial planet lithosphere development
- Salt tectonics and surface processes
- Webb, A.A.G., Guo, H., Clift, P.D., Husson, L., Müller, T., Costantino, D., Yin, A., Xu, Z., Cao, H., Wang, Q., 2017, The Himalaya in 3D: slab dynamics controlled mountain building and monsoon intensification. Lithosphere, v. 9, p. 637-651.
- Moore, W.B., Simon, J.I., Webb, A.A.G., 2017, Heat-pipe Planets. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 474, p. 13-19.
- Colón, C., Webb, A.A.G., Lasserre, C., Doin, M.-P., Renard, F., Lohman, R., Li, J.-H., 2016, The variety of subaerial active salt deformations in the Kuqa fold-thrust belt (China) constrained by InSAR. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 450, p. 83-95.
- He, D., Webb, A.A.G., Larson, K.P., Martin, A.J., Schmitt, A.K., 2015, Extrusion vs. duplexing models of Himalayan mountain building 3: Duplexing dominates from Oligocene to present. International Geology Review, v. 57, p. 1-27.
- Moore, W.B., Webb, A.A.G., 2013, Heat-pipe Earth. Nature, v. 501, p. 501-505.