Professor SUN, Min
Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, HKU
- 2859 2194
- Room 312, James Lee Science building, The University of Hong Kong
- Physical Geology
- Isotope geochemistry
- Trace element geochemistry
- Paleo-climate reconstruction
- Geology of North China
- Sun M., Chen N., Zhao G., Wilde S.A., Ye K., Guo J., Chen Y., Yuan C., 2008. U-Pb zircon and Sm-Nd isotopic study of the Huangtuling granulite, Dabie-Sulu belt, China: implication for the Paleoproterozoic tectonic history of the Yangtze Craton. American J. of Science, 308, 469-483.
- Sun M., Yuan C., Xiao W., Long X., Xia X, Zhao G., Lin S., Wu F., Kröner A., 2008. Zircon U–Pb and Hf isotopic study of gneissic rocks from the Chinese Altai: progressive accretionary history in the early to middle Palaeozoic. Chemical Geology, 247, 352-383.
- Xia X, Sun M, Zhao G, Wu F, Xu P, Zhang J, Luo Y. 2006. U-Pb and Hf isotopic study of detrital zircons from the Wulashan khondalites: Constraints on the evolution of the Ordos Terrane, Western Block of the North China Craton. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 241,581-593.
- Sun, Y.L., Sun M., Wei G.J., Lee T., Nie, B.F., 2004. Strontium contents of a Porites coral collected from the Xisha Island, South China Sea: A proxy for sea surface temperature of the twentieth century, Paleoceanography, 19, PA2004, 1-10.
- Sun, M., Armstrong, R.L., and Lambert, R. St J., 1992. Petrochemistry and Sr, Pb, and Nd isotopic geochemistry of Early Precambrian rocks, Wutaishan and Taihangshan areas, China. Precambrian Research, 56, 1-31.
Awards and Honors
- Highly Cited Researcher from Thomson Reuters in 2016
- Natural Science Award (Second Prize) from China in 2014
- Outstanding Young Researcher Award from HKU in 2001
- Outstanding Young Researchers from the National Natural Science Foundation of China in 1999
- Hong Kong director of the Joint Chemical Geodynamics Laboratory with Chinese Academy of Science
- member of the Earth Science Steering Committee of the National Natural Science Foundation of China