Dr. ALI, Jason Richard
Associate Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, HKU
- 2857 8248
- Room 311, James Lee Science Building, The University of Hong Kong
- Atmosphere and Hydrosphere
- Regional Field Studies
- Structural Geology
- Regional Geology
- Mesozoic and Cenozoic biogeography.
- Islands biogeography.
- ALI, J.R. 2018. Islands as biological substrates: continental. Jour. Biogeography, 45, 10.1111/jbi.13186
- ALI, J.R. 2017. Islands as biological substrates: classification of the biological assemblage components and the physical island types. Jour. Biogeography, 44, 984–994.
- RICHTER, C. & ALI, J.R. 2015. Philippine Sea Plate motion history: Eocene-Recent record from ODP Site 1201, central West Philippine Basin. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 410, 165–173.
- ALI, J.R. & AITCHISON, J.C. 2014. Exploring the combined role of eustasy and oceanic island subsidence in shaping biodiversity on the Galápagos. Jour. Biogeography, 41, 1227–1241.
- ALI, J.R. & AITCHISON, J.C. 2014. Greater India’s northern margin prior to its collision with Asia. Basin Research, 26, 73–84.
Awards and Honors
- 2015 Outstanding Research Output Prize for the HKU Science Faculty