To increase academic staff population by 20% with competitive remuneration and startup packages; global recruitment of Assistant/ Associate Professors is launched for 80th Anniversary position.
- Brings in the highest quality academic staff with diverse profiles
- Makes significant advances in research
To create an entirely new research division structure and establish our research foci.
Six new research divisions will be set up, with new Research Division Directors recruited globally to be facilitators, champions and mentors to enhance research performance; interdisciplinary research within and between divisions will also be fostered:
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Ecology and Biodiversity
- Mathematical and Statistical Science
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Physics and Astronomy
*Academic staff may join more than one research division.
- Identifies and nurtures research strengths
- Incentivises research activity
- Maximises research performance
To make HKU Science be the choice of the best students to study science, by enhancing the experience of students, reviewing our curriculum to ensure that the best quality teaching programmes are delivered, and encouraging innovation in teaching and emphasising quality of provision over quantity.
- Provides students with the best possible learning experience, and the highest quality of teaching is conducted
To modernise aging equipment; and to build a new Science Building to house:
- A central Science Faculty Research Facility
- At least one academic department
- Centralised Science undergraduate teaching laboratories
- An interdisciplinary PhD student space
- Improves research environment and facilitates interdisciplinary research work